Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fifth Grade

Holy Toledo, the years are going by quickly as I try to beat the clock to graduation...a tad over 4 weeks away at this point!

You can see from the picture how very quickly Holly is transitioning from a little girl into a pre-teen/young lady.  Nail polish, very posed, all as cute as can be.  I seem to recall that this is about the year that the name "Schnoogs" started.  We were at a softball game (Holly was forced to play a sport by her overbearing Mother.  If she didn't pick something, I was going to enroll her in soccer, so she opted for softball because there wasn't too much running involved), cheering on our little player when I realized that calling out, "Go Schnoogie!" may not help her reputation too much.

We had a conversation about the nickname, and on a whim I suggested that we could make it cool by shortening it to "The Schnoogs", or just Schnoogs.  Holly agreed (I don't think that she was ready to give up her little title), and it has stuck every since.  I think that she even put it on the back of her softball jersey, it was always entertaining to me to listen to the other parents try to pronounce it!

We are fast approaching the end of the elementary school years...zoikes!

No comments: