Friday, May 22, 2009

In Training

Memorial Day brings about my latest and greatest activity; the Laguna Hills 1/2 marathon. A pretty easy run (so long as you don't mind running 13.1 miles), it loops around the Laguna Hills mall for what I would call a victory lap and then sets out on the streets of Laguna Hills and Mission Viejo, winding onto some cool chain of paths that keep us out of traffic and out of harm's way.

I know that it is looming and have had good intentions to get in some longer runs to prep for it, intentions that have not yet turned into action as the longest spell I've done in a while is 5 miles., a decent length, but not quite what I need in terms of building/maintaining endurance.  I ran up 4 long flights of stairs from the Red Line this morning (and walked the 2 shorter flights as I huffed and puffed along), but I'm not certain that is really going to be the prep that I need.

I realized that the LA Marathon is also on Monday...put into that context, I've got an easy time of things by comparison.

No comments: