Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The New Frontier

For me, the Hubble telescope repair mission was like the Olympics (for those who remember my obsession last summer); I just couldn't get enough news about it.

From the planning of the spacewalks to the contingency plans for rescue should space debris disable the shuttle, I was completely fascinated and enamored with the entire process, sneaking peaks at updates on the Internet throughout the days.

I do vaguely remember all of the joking and mocking that went on years ago when the Hubble was first launched and had so many technical difficulties. It looked like it was going to be such a bust in terms of taxpayer money and then they got the cameras fixed...suddenly, we had a whole new view of earth, space and the solar system.

Who's laughing now?

No comments: