Monday, May 25, 2009

Eighth Grade

Time is ticking along here as I race to post all 13 of Holly's school years before she graduates in (check the calendar...) 17 days.

As I look at this picture, I am startled at the evolution from kid to almost-a-high-schooler.  She looks so grown-up here that I had to double-check with her what year this was; in my mind it could have easily been her freshman of sophomore year.  Gone are the braces and the glasses have now slipped into her backpack for classroom use only.  

A friend of mine had asked Holly where her glasses where and the Schnoogs answered, "I don't wear them as often because when I took them off, I received many high quality compliments."

High quality compliments?  What a funny kid.  We still use that phrase around the house to tease her, particularly when I want to make sure she is wearing her glasses to drive.

No comments: