Thursday, May 21, 2009

Seventh Grade

Holly hates this picture, I do not. It is the perfect representation of the infamous "tween" phase that we all go through. Glasses, braces, maybe a little gangly...I think it's cute.

Seventh grade was a quick transition into changing classrooms, lots more homework, juggling priorities and getting a bit more focused on schoolwork, all of which the Schnoogs embraced with grace and aplomb.

This is also about the point when she started to demonstrate a strong affinity for English and Math as her favorite subjects. Her English teacher commented on her great vocabulary and command of the language (I think that she managed to bust out the words genre and magnanimous in the appropriate context in class over the course of the year).

I don't think that I could have been more proud.

No comments: