Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ninth Grade

Feeling very pressured here to get all of the school years blogged before graduation hits in two weeks. Again, a very good parallel to how life is moving these days, because we can all certainly remember as if it were yesterday (really? wasn't it?) Holly getting ready for her first year of High School.

I think that there was another big transformation between leaving 8th grade and starting up the 9th grade. It seems like the picture I took of the Little Schnoogs in front of Los Cerritos Middle School was one of a young girl, still looking like a 'tween. Here in front of us now is a sophisticated, mature young woman, all ready to take on the world.

Holly's first day of High School was as exciting for me as it was for her. We took a few pictures at home (naturally), a picture or two in the car while waiting at the stoplight, and then a hearty, "Make good choices" was shouted out the rolled down window as she walked towards the freshman lockers. Man, I am funny!

Pick-up on the first day was even better. I got to the school early enough to get a good spot at the curb, rolled down the window and waited...camera in hand. As soon as Holly got close enough to the car to lean into the window, I snapped a picture with the name of her school artfully in the background.

Holly was not as impressed with my photo skills as I was. She will learn to appreciate me!

No comments: