Monday, December 15, 2008

I'm a Sucker for Rainbows

Being a girl and a product of the 80's, rainbows and unicorns were BIG in my life. I'm talking overkill, including the obligatory white t-shirt with a rainbow across the front, stretching from arm to arm. The ultimate of course was the mirror shaped like a unicorn with a rainbow mane - you can't find those anymore!

For some reason this information came rushing into my head today as I was driving home from the last day of my store training in Burbank (another shout out to Jason, Katie and the VERY fun team there!). We had a good couple of inches of rain over an 18 hour period or so, with more dark clouds looming and an occasional flash of lightning. The commute was pretty tough in the morning and was shaping up to be much of the same in the late afternoon. As the traffic speed suddenly started to pick up (hooray!), I noticed an INTENSELY bright rainbow off to the right. Sun was on the left, dark clouds were behind the rainbow and the whole scene was truly breathtaking.

I can't deny that I was tempted to try and capture the brilliance of the colors using my Blackberry phone - but between the rain,traffic speed and awkward angle through the window (not to mention the safety implications!), I decided that I would have to let this rainbow shine brightly in my memory only.

Of course, I could set out on a quest for a new mirror, complete with rainbow-maned unicorn!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Talk about memories - I still have somewhere the unicorn walking on a rainbow that I drew for a school art show!