Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Work Here is Done

It is official. My debt to society has been paid and I am now in the clear. I have produced a fully adult and legal citizen who is now ready to face the world on her own...at least that is what I am claiming today!

Yes, happy birthday to Holly and congratulations on a very successful first 18 years. I naturally cracked myself up by greeting her this morning with a fine breakfast, wishes for a happy birthday and then a firm, "Now get out." I tried to pull it off very seriously, but she was onto me in all of 10 seconds, so I guess that we will let her hang around a bit more...at least to finish out her senior year of high school.

The day is shaping up to be a good one for the Schnoogs - Rachel spent the night last night to join us for breakfast (complete with the family favorite caramel pecan rolls - sans pecans at Holly's request). I hear that pedicures are on the agenda for the afternoon, then we will head out this evening for dinner at Ruth's Chris (Holly gets the beef-eating gene from David!) and into LA to see the musical Spring Awakening. There will naturally be a full report tomorrow, complete with photos of the birthday girl and celebration.

Now to figure out what I am going to do with Holly's room when she moves out...as if I will really be happy the day THAT happens!

No comments: