Friday, December 19, 2008

Secret Pathways

I took a walk around the office on Friday to take advantage of some clean, clear air and sunshine in between projects. Wedged between a couple of busy streets - San Vicente and Olympic - there are some quaint residential streets and an elementary school to amuse me whilst I stroll.

It wasn't very warm on Friday, although it was sunny, so I took off on a pretty brisk pace to get the heart pumping, warm up and cover as much territory as I could in the 30 minutes that I had until my next appointment. I cruised around to Olympic and walked along for a while (I have an AWFUL sense of direction and am prone to getting lost easily, so I thought it best to stick with streets that I knew!), but was not appreciating the noise of the traffic too very much.

Right about the time I decided I was going to have to turn around because time was ticking along and there was no end in sight to the extremely long block that I was walking along, I spotted a little break in the sidewalk, looked through it and saw the view pictured here. It was like my very own secret pathway popped up right before my eyes! Throwing caution of keeping safe within known streets to the wind, I followed this little garden path through several neighborhoods where it was quiet and peaceful.

Just a little slice of happiness in my day to share with you!

No comments: