Friday, December 5, 2008

Larger than Life

Senior year brings with it a variety of different activities, all of which are memorable and significant, up to and including the senior picture.

Holly did her photo shoot in the late summer, opting for some outdoor poses to mix things up a bit and capture of course the true essence of the Schnoogs. The photography studio then paraded the 50 or so shots in front of us and appealed to my sentimental side as a mother to make sure that I chose the portrait package that best represented the many fabulous pictures of my only child.

The selection and purchase of the pictures was back sometime in mid-September and I haven't given it much thought until we got the call that the photos were ready and we could come pick them up. Holly and I dutifully trotted down to the studio where our package was waiting. They did not disappoint and we are now the proud owners of several different sized pictures of three different poses of a smiling, rather adult looking Holly.

The big surprise was the 16x20 portrait that came as a part of the photo option that I purchased. I don't think that I gave enough consideration to just how large that picture would be and how it feels like a shrine or altar should be set up around any hanging portrait of that size. Don't get me wrong, it is a great photo of Holly (enjoy the 'picture of a picture complete with annoying flash burst' above), but it was kind of weird this morning for David and I to sit eating our breakfast with Holly staring at us.

David says the other option is to get the same sized print-on-velvet of dogs playing poker. I guess that I will get used to the Holly-giant stare.

No comments: