Saturday, December 27, 2008

Wii are Sharing the Joy

Holly unwittingly participated in securing a Wii and Wii Fit to give my parents as their Christmas gift. Those darn things were hard to get AGAIN this year and after repeated trips to a variety of different stores in the area, I put Schnoogs on the task - and she made the magic happen!

She found a store that had one of each left. Thanks to some good security measures, the fine people at Game Stop would not allow Holly to use my credit card for the purchase (funny, because the clerk there knows her from school), so I texted David to run down there after work to pick it up. Success!

When I came home from work later that night, both were very proud of their accomplishments AND thought that the Wii was for us. I can't effectively describe the crestfallen look on BOTH of their faces when my answer was, "No. That is for my parents so they can have the Wii Fit." As giving and loving as Holly is, she still said something to the effect of, "That's just plain inhumane." Not that she begrudges her grandparents the benefits of a Wii, of course.

The debate rages on at the Newton household for the Wii - I am holding back because I know how those two work. With the console and the games will come the demand for a new TV and that is NOT in the budget! To their credit, they did make a statement after seeing the Wii Fit in action that they could do without the new TV...

Valentine's Day is just around the corner. Let's see what happens!

No comments: