Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No Raw Onions!

I am often thinking of new and creative ideas to blog about. I have even been known to keep a running list of blog ideas (which makes sense given my last entry about my penchant for a well-checked list!). A few weeks ago, I chanced upon a cool blog (thanks to the 'Blogs of Note' feature on the Blogger dashboard) called The One Minute Writer. The header for this blog says something to the effect of, "You have 1440 minutes in a day. Use one of them to write." It is in my opinion a brilliant concept and I am so enamored with it that I added it to my listing of blogs that I follow - it's that cool!

At any rate, my list of things to blog about has been looking a bit skimpy of late, so I popped over to TOMW to see what ideas were there and had an instant opinion when I saw that the topic was foods that you don't like. In fact, my opinion was so strong that I even left a comment/one minute writing entry on the site!

My great food dislike is raw onion. David often points out to me that this is a bit contradictory to the rest of my food preferences, as I can (and sometimes will) eat raw garlic until I am declared a public nuisance and I am totally fine with the sauteed or cooked onions. Try to slip in any kind of onion in the 'raw' and I will spend an easy 5-10 minutes picking the offensive flavor buzz-kill out of my food. It used to make my mom a little crazy that I would actually sit there and pick it out (sorry about that mom, but we all know that I am pretty strong in my convictions!) and even to this day I will comb through a salad, quesadilla, you name it, if it has any onion - red, green, white, yellow, pearl - I don't discriminate in my dislike for ALL raw onions!

Between that and my selective eating preferences, I am shaping up to be quite the dream dinner guest!

No comments: