Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Denim on Denim

Another fashion faux pas entry, the pictures are cute and have evoked a swarm of different little Holly memories, which crack me up. She may not be as completely enthused, but I am the author here, so I maintain creative control!

A few years ago, I made the horrible mistake of wearing a denim shirt with jeans. I say horrible because the ribbing and teasing that I received for doing it lives on, even a full 3+ years later. I was in NYC at the time, working on a project for work. I attempted to defend myself, citing Jay Leno as someone who routinely wears denim on denim, but that generated even more mocking and somehow earned me the nickname of “Jeanie” for a while (thanks to Eric and Tina).

When I came home and recounted the story, Holly acted as if I should certainly know better and while we were at it, lectured me about my denim short overalls (a completely different fashion disaster and something that I begrudgingly gave up last summer). The end result, according to Holly, is that it is VERY gauche to wear denim on denim and now that I have been appropriately schooled, I must never repeat the offense again.

Little 1-year old Schnoogs sure does look cute in her denim jacket and MATCHING denim pants, doesn't she? I’m telling you, it is a fashion trend that is returning!!

No comments: