Friday, March 20, 2009

Shamrock Shake - Success!!

At last! After 5 days and 2 thwarted attempts...I have a LARGE Shamrock Shake to satisfy a 25-or-so year old craving. Whew.

I opted to walk the 1/2 mile or so to the McDonald's on Wilshire near the office. I saw the signs by the register and the machine was on, but until the minty goodness was in my hands, I did not want to celebrate. I even walked all the way back to the office without cracking the straw into it, so that I could really sit back and enjoy the thing in all it's splendor.

It is good, of that I can assure you. I am, however, questioning the wisdom of my choice to go for the 32-oz size. That is a lot of sugar. A lot of calories. A lot of Shamrock Shake all in one sitting.

Maybe it is just as well that these only come around once a year!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Yummy! Congrats on your success! I might have to pick up my mom tomorrow and wander over to Micky D's to enjoy an old tradition - maybe not the 32 oz, though!