Monday, March 9, 2009

Waist-High

More entertaining Holly pictures from the archives of our kitchen drawer. This one is also of the 7-year old Holly, clearly growing from her little girl size to the full-sized Schnoogie mode. Here we see a beaming Schnoogs at her Grandma & Papa Bug's house, sporting some summer wear.

It might be noted that Holly has inherited her height from two different sources - my long legs and David's long torso. I tend to be a bit more on the short-torsoed side and as such, am somewhat high waisted.

You are given all of this information because until a year or two ago, Holly (and occasionally, David) would give me grief that my pants rode up too high and I needed to wear them lower on my hips. I finally broke down and bought some new jeans that feel like they are going to fall off, but Holly assures me are more acceptable in the fashion world.

Much like the crazy color scheme that I shared a few days ago, this "what was she thinking?" photo seems to be payback to the little fashion maven for giving me a hard time about my natural waistline.

I love that picture drawer, I am going to have to dig through for some more good times!!

No comments: