Friday, March 6, 2009

Like Mother, Like Daughter

While searching for a photo of the Schnoogs in her car seat when she was young (those pictures are a cluster! I need to go through them and get them all scanned), I came a cross a couple of photos that made me L-A-U-G-H because they are so counter to how Holly is today when it comes to fashion. The shot you see here is a fashion train-wreck Holly circa 1997 (at 7 years old).

The humor for me in this photo is the number of colors and styles that are blended together. We've got the color block Christmas sweater over the Belle princess dress, which is layered over the Cinderella princess pajamas. In Holly's assessment of most of my outfits...HOT.

Even funnier to me is the pose that Holly is rocking. Lean back, hold up the hands to display the fine outfit (never mind the cookie in motion in the right hand), cock the head just enough to say, "Yes. I am way cool." Little did she know that she would grow up to be a bossy little fashion consultant, always ready with a disapproving look or word of criticism for her Mother's colorful wardrobe choices.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I say!

No comments: