Thursday, March 19, 2009

Shamrock Shake - Attempt #2

The Shamrock Shake has officially become an obsession for me, and I am learning that once something gets into my head, it is hard to get it out. (That really isn't a learning, it is more of a confirmation)

After the big disappointment of yesterday, I decided that I would give the morning procurement another shot, this time going to the Thousand Oaks McDonald's - they are super focused on service and do a nice job on my customized, no meat orders. It has been a busy week at work and I have been going in pretty early, but told myself that it was reasonable to want a shake at 5:30 in the morning.

As I drove down Moorpark road, I could see the lights of the double-wide drive-thru glowing. Excellent. I could already taste the cool, minty shake. I pulled in, saw that the LTO signs were still up and decided that as long as I was doing this, I was totally going for the large.

I waited at the talk box, eager to give my order. This location is always on top of things and never has a wait. Silence. I looked around for operating hours...nothing. With a sinking sense of doom, I pulled around to the pay window...no one was there. Next stop, the pick-up window...nope, no one there either. McDonald's was closed...augh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still no Shamrock shake. I drove all the way to work with a heavy heart (but empty stomach), feeling kind of sorry for myself and STILL craving the darn thing pretty badly.

Tomorrow is another day closer to the end of March, and hopefully THE day that I can make the Shamrock magic happen!

No comments: