Friday, January 28, 2011

Be Well

I received a nice bit of philosophy from an unlikely source - a parking valet - while out the other night.

My car rolled up to the curb of the restaurant I had attended for a work function/dinner. I stepped around to the driver side to hand over my claim ticket and valet tip, and as the valet and I exchanged pleasantries, he sent me off with an unexpected, "be well."

it kind of took me by surprise (at least I was listening and it registered!), so I just said, "thanks, you too." and hopped in the car. Props to the valet driver for saying something that really stuck with me. I have no idea if that is something that he always says to people, or if it was my own special little message, but it struck me as a very authentic and caring thing to say.

That or he knows something about the food at El Cholo that I don't!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

I do like that phrase - I'm told that every Monday night...