Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Kid After My Own Heart

It is now official...Schnoogums and I are less than 24 hours away from our flight departure to Orlando (actually, first to Phoenix and then to Orlando, but that is just a technicality at this point) for the belated celebration of her 20th birthday!!

It is no secret that we are big Harry Potter fans, having read all of the books (more than once!) and also holding a strong tradition of standing in line for every movie after the first one. Holly is about the same age as all of the kids in the movies, so it has been fun watching them all grow up together and having our enthusiasm for the franchise grow too.

The trip was originally intended for the destination of Universal and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but it quickly grew to a full 5 days of Orlando and most things Disney. We are staying at the resort (with a water view room!), have Park-Hopper tickets, meals, transportation to and from the airport including bag service and of course the tickets to Universal.

Where my pre-planning ends, Holly picks up. I was greeted to a packet of papers on my desk last night including a cover-sheet with a typed agenda detailing each park that we will go to each day, based upon the extra "Magic Hours" we will enjoy as residents of the resort.

There is no doubt about it...she is my kid!!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

I am so excited for you both - I know you will have a FABULOUS time! And don't forget - Illuminations at Epcot - a MUST! Love to you both!