Thursday, January 27, 2011

This Does Not Suck

I made mention in an earlier post that I had the opportunity to work from Santa Monica this week, in a converted house that is used for a multitude of meeting spaces. The house was built by William Randolph Hearst (of the Hearst Newspaper and self-named Castle fame) for his not-so-secret "companion" Marion Davies. That whole story is one sordid affair, so I will focus instead on the scenery.

I must give props to the City of Santa Monica for operating one great little area. We have actually used the whole Annenberg Community Beach House for a couple of past events and are signed up to host a conference here later this year. The space is so well integrated to the beach, it is hard to feel like you are really "going to work", it is far more a vibe of "I am at the beach and, oh yeah, I've got some work to do."

Easy to say when you don't have to own any content or sit in a meeting, I suppose. At any rate, I made the bold declaration on my Facebook posting Tuesday that working from the beach tops the list of things that do not suck. I don't think that many people would disagree with me there.

No comments: