Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snack Salvation

I am not one for squirreling away snacks - I am trying to do 6 small meals a day and as such, don't find the need for little treats too often.

Interestingly enough, I was searching in the pantry drawer for my trail mix this morning when when I found a bag of Dove dark chocolate. They are left over from Christmas (our delicious peanut butter blossoms got an upgrade this year from the run of the mill Hershey Kiss!) and because David & Holly are partial to milk chocolate, the dark chocolate sit unattended. I can't begin to tell you what I was thinking when I grabbed two squares - it was 4:45 am - and I threw them both into my purse without any purpose.

Enter the later part of the afternoon. I have successfully (perhaps relative, but for the sake of this conversation let's say it was successful) completed 6 of the 7 MUST DO tasks that I had upon my arrival in the office today. The last one looms and is going to take me a while...it is about 12 hours since that unconscious moment in my kitchen. I am sitting at my desk, trying to get my groove on, wondering what it will take to power through it when suddenly I remember...I have dark chocolate!

I am happily savoring the 2nd square now as I type this. I even had two different messages inside the wrappers...the first one said, "Do all things with love" - good advice. The second one was custom made for me - "Take a deep breath and exhale."

I did just that, chocolate breath and all!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

I was wandering through Target today and almost bought a package of Dove Chocolates - and although I enjoy both - probably would have bought milk.