Monday, January 10, 2011

Motion Madness

Orlando...Day 2.

The day started early with a bus ride to Animal Kingdom, early entry and a mad dash to Asia so we could ride Expedition Everest. Word to the wise, riding a C-R-A-Z-Y forward, backward and steep sloping coaster is not the smartest thing to do on an empty stomach, especially if you are a little prone to motion sickness! I should be embarrassed to admit it, but I am telling you that I nearly cried...it was just that kind of an intense ride!

We made it off the ride and Holly immediately wanted to ride it again. Mommy loves the Schnoogs...but wasn't willing to get back on that crazy train, so Holly rode it again and I sat down at the bottom of the big drop along with all of the other un-hip parents who just couldn't handle it.

We took in several other attractions (none involved me riding anything) while we were waiting for our reservation time at breakfast - it was a character breakfast! I successfully embarrassed Holly by shouting out to Goofy (multiple times, she says that was what put it over the top for her), "Hi Goofy, come over here!" and then, in a nice loud voice, "I KNOW him!!!!" We did get some nice character photos.

We rode all of the cool rides (Dinosaur was great!), saw several shows and decided as the first giant drops of rain started to fall that it was time to go back to the hotel for a nap. We dodged the monsoon downpour(s) and enjoyed a 1-hour power nap. Back up and out the door by 3 to Hollywood Studios. The sun was shining and the clouds had cleared, the second half of our day had begun!

I made reservations for us at the Brown Derby and although it required us to double up on our Disney Dining credits, it was totally worth it! Holly declared herself in heaven more than once and the whole meal was enjoyable from the food to the company...it goes on the record as a very memorable meal.

We hit the ground running and saw lots of shows, attractions and more rides. I chickened out of nothing and even though we somehow ended up with 2 radical rides at the end (Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster), I sucked it up and went on them. Holly did point out that I screamed on the entire coaster, even when it wasn't going too crazy, but I stand firm on the simple fact that I went on it and deserve many points for it.

We've got Epcot tomorrow, no radical rides, thank goodness!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Test Track is a must in Epcot - and if you don't like radical rides - stay away from Mission Space. And of course - the best fireworks show EVER is at Epcot - Illuminations!