Saturday, January 22, 2011

Treats for the Soul

I must declare my love for 3 things this week (beyond of course the very long list of things that I already love!) 1 - Annette; 2 - Cookies; 3 - Facebook...and in that order.

I have put myself on a 2x per day Facebook check. I don't leave it open anymore because all too often I will get distracted if I see something pop up and then I realize that I am cutting into my brilliant efficiency by goofing off and scrolling through posts. I did the same with my personal email account, because good grief...I get a lot of email. At any rate, the point of me describing my daily routine is to identify how I came to this love of 3 things on Thursday.

I start work in the office at 6 am on Tue and Thu (conference calls with our new international markets in Europe), so the posts that are listed when I check early in the day are often from the previous night. There was a posting by a lovely General Manager who works in the 3rd Street Promenade store, proudly displaying her cookies and asking anyone if they wanted one. Jokingly, I commented on Annette's post that if she was going to drop by the office, I would love one, then I signed off and thought nothing more of it.

Imagine my surprise (and delight) when Annette showed up at the office at about 4:30 pm with a bag of 6 super sized cookies in tow. Super cool! I made 5 new best friends by sharing these AWESOME cookies and had a rather enjoyable visit with Annette who really wowed me with her good baking and thoughtful gift.

These are the kind of treats that are good for your stomach AND your soul!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Thank goodness for unexpected blessings like that!