Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Grubbin' on Grapefruit

I have been reintroduced to the delectable treat of grapefruit. David comes across a fair number of fruits, vegetables and flowers in his line of work, so we periodically benefit in the form of something fresh and organic grown to abundance by a customer and shared with us.

A bag of grapefruits materialized at the house while Holly and I were gone in Orlando and while they smelled very good, it wasn't my first inclination to eat one, but after David issued a ringing endorsement, I decided to section one and give it a try. WOW. Delicious doesn't even begin to describe, it was awesome and a great element of my "on the road" breakfast.

I brought a whole one to work today to enjoy at "breakfast 2". I subscribe to the six small meals a day program when I can, which means it seems like I am always eating something...not a bad deal! At any rate, I had a strange combination of a chocolate pomegranate Vita Top, a piece of string cheese and a grapefruit. Not to be eaten all at once, but it was good and it was yet again a reminder of just how good these grapefruit are!

I have already placed my request for another bag for as long as the bountiful harvest lasts!

No comments: