Sunday, October 5, 2008

An Abundance of Choices

I have found that I am fortunate enough to be given lots of great opportunities and choices, and often they all come at once. That is something that is going on right now and while exciting, I am not going to lie when I say that it kind of freaks me out a little bit too.

Living life in the unemployed lane is rather enjoyable, although it is not going to last for long. I have been contacted by two equally different and great concepts to come work my magic with them and I am not sure which one is the right one to do at this time! Additionally, I have an opportunity to pursue a project that is going to stretch my writing skills (I use the phrase rather loosely here, as the reader you can agree or disagree as you see fit to the word 'skills' used to describe my writing). I obviously can't take on all 3 and therefore have to make a choice - a decision...and fast.

I am excited about the writing project and feel confident that I will integrate that into my routine no matter what I end up doing. I will be working with a newly formed group called Maverick Photographers who have set out to enrich their lives and the lives of others through art and photography, ultimately making a difference in the world. The first project that they are taking on is the Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy in San Francisco. Straight from their website...Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy is a small, public alternative elementary school located in the heart of the Castro District. We are dedicated to achieving academic excellence, teaching tolerance and nonviolence, celebrating diversity, and building a strong family - school - community connection. This is going to be an awesome project and I am really happy to be a part of it!

Now if only I can have that same clarity on what is the best fit in a job for me now!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Isn't that just the way life works?! Everything all at once! Good luck, my friend, in choosing and know you will be in my prayers!