Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fine Luxury Livin'

Unemployment Friday arrived a few days early this week because I have a community service project this week from Thursday through Sunday and we certainly can't be cheated out of the famed UF! Deciding to brave the 90 degree heat, Jax and I opted to do a new route - one lap around Westlake plus the aptly named frog walk (there are TONS of those little hoppy creatures in the spring time) for good measure. All in all, about a 7 to 7 1/2 mile jaunt.

It is enjoyable to cruise Westlake to find out how the other half lives. It is some fine luxury living, let me tell you! Lots of nice cars, boats and beautiful houses. The neighborhoods are pretty quiet (probably out working to make the payments!) and the traffic minimal - all perfect elements for an enjoyable walk.

Thanks to some well-placed trees, judicious walking on the shaded side of the street and a light breeze, the temperature was comfortable and the walk (as usual) very enjoyable. Westlake could stand to install a few sidewalks on some of their busier streets, but with that one compliant aside, it is a great place to get out and enjoy the fresh air.

We capped the afternoon off with a visit to the Westlake Pinkberry (you know that you are humming that song now) and I ventured into new territory - a crunchy topping rather than just fruit. Typically, I get a small with mango and pineapple and congratulate myself for my fine food choices. Today, I was feeling adventurous (and hungry) so I went for a medium 3-topping combo. The dilemma...what to do for the 3rd topping? I opted for Cap'n Crunch and was not disappointed. That could get a girl into some trouble if I made a habit of it!!

A very good day if I may say so myself, a touch of the luxury living even if from the sidelines while walking by!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Captain Crunch is an excellent choice - usually my topping of choice - I also like it with Cocoa Crispies! And I can't wait to hear how the community service project went.