Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mr. Paulucci is Grounded

As a regular coast-to-coast flyer, as well as making regular trips to Chicago, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Florida, Eric has become well-acquainted with many different airports and is (WAS) a regular with Jet Blue. No more. The counter agents are weeping in NYC tonight because Mr. Paulucci's days of weekly travel are over...he is being grounded now that he has safely landed in Oakland with $100 worth of 'excess' baggage (that is $25 for a 2nd bag and $75 for the 3rd that was checked). It is evident from the picture above that Eric is really broken up about this (the $100 in baggage wasn't that exciting, but the sarcastic comment is in reference to no more regular flying!).

My trip into the lovely Burbank airport was an uneventful and therefore very successful venture - Jet Blue does have the clear advantage of easy non-stop flights and those handy little TVs at every seat. I started out on CNN and "The Situation Room", but must also admit to watching several episodes of 'Jon and Kate plus 8' on The Learning Channel and then stumbled across an episode of 'Pop-up Video' from 1999 on VH1 Classics. I loved that show when it was on, not just because I am so incredibly cutting-edge and current with my music video knowledge, but also because I think that the writers who gathered and organized the facts for the videos are brilliant! They start innocently enough with a reference to someone or something that is relevant to the music video at hand but quickly digress to something that has nothing at all to do with the original video, but through a strand of thought ultimately connects back! I always thought that would be a fun way to do a training video back in my Jamba days. Maya allowed me to ramble on about how we could do it but I don't think that she was ever really hip to the idea!

Perhaps I can construct my own version of pop-up blogging!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Welcome Home!
And thanks for the trip down memory lane - 'Pop up Video' was always fun to watch when I could find it - I rented 'Music and Lyrics' recently and they paid homage to the art form during the credits of the movie.