Sunday, October 12, 2008

A crowded cheering section

Whoo! I was lucky to get a good seat tonight to cheer on the Conejo Crushers in their softball game. As you can see, the fans really press in...doing the wave is naturally lots of fun.

I didn't set out with the intention of being a one-woman cheering section, but the absence of other rooters, the cold temperatures setting in (45 is chilly enough to call it cold in my book!) and a close game, it naturally evolved. I am sorry to report that even though the Crushers had a great rally in the 5th inning, time ran out and they lost, this cheerleader thinks that they were robbed!

Not to worry, though. The Crushers are a hearty bunch who focus on having fun. They don't need a win to prove that they are good or having a good time, they've got each other AND their very own cheering section to remind them of what a cool team they are!

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

1 comment:

Ebe said...

It's all about having fun! And good for you for going out and cheering! I have very fond memories of my mom cheering and attending my softball games!