Thursday, October 23, 2008

Getting Back into the Groove

What is this? It has been something like 5 days since my last post? How have we all managed? For some odd reason, I have been blogging in my HEAD, but have failed to translate it to the actual site itself. Crazy. The good news is of course that there are plenty of things rattling around in my head...the question is going to be whether or not any of this is really relevant.

Let's start out with a Conejo Crusher update. The Crushers had another game this past Sunday and it started off well - the first inning was all about great fielding and scoring runs - I think that they scored 4! Everyone looked sharp and was making it happen. I am not sure exactly where things went south, but I am sorry to say that it was somewhere in inning 2 and things never really came back again. The Crushers did not win and while their final score was 5, most of that excitement came during their first at-bat as I indicated earlier.

It is important to note that Holly had her best batting effort to date, getting on base once with a walk (good eye, Schnoogs!) and twice with a base hit. Solid ones too, not weak little bunts that just dribble along the baseline (not that there is anything wrong with that!) We had a bit of a lesson in the rules of a pop-fly when Holly was the unwitting participant in a double play for the other team twice (ouch) by not tagging up at first before trying to advance to 2nd.

Oh well, we do this for the sport and fun of getting out on the field, never mind that crazy person up in the stands trying to coach on the fly!

Here is a nice shot of the family plus teammate Rachel after the game. This was as good as it got in terms of getting the dogs to face me, it appears that I am 0 for 3.

No comments: