Sunday, October 12, 2008

It takes me away...

The Christopher Cross song that automatically pops into my head when I look at this image aside, seeing sailboats on a clear day is pretty soothing. BEING amongst the sailboats and on the water is even better, which is where I spent my day on Saturday...as evidenced by the live action shot above.

Mark (known as Mr. Eddy Faddah, but he will only allow me to call him that - special privileges!) Is quite the philanthropist and attends a slew of charity events every year, often purchasing cool trips and events through different silent or live auctions. It's fun to go on the outings AND all of the proceeds of the sale benefit 'the childen' (there is an intentional omission of the R in children...we entertain ourselves saying it like that, it is interchangeable with the equally amusing 'yoot' versus youth). I have digressed, as usual.

Yesterday's trip was a 4-hour cruise on a private boat through the San Diego waterways. Mark, Eric, Karen and I were the fortunate recipients of the honor and we lived the life of the Rich & Famous (or so we liked to pretend). Mark cracked out a 1999 bottle of Dom Perignon and then an outstanding signature bottle of White Cottage...I think that it was a cabaret...that was tasty too!

We returned to the dock a complete pile of putty...VERY relaxed...and rolled ourselves over to a great pizza place for an outstanding meal and another bottle of red wine...I think that I had my dose of antioxidants over the course of the day!

Thanks to Mr. Eddy Faddah AND to Mother Nature for providing all of the ingredients for a fantastic day. Here's to our next outing to benefit ourselves and the childen!!

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments: