Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dana Point or Bust

The Ragnar Relay was last weekend; a crazy event that covered roughly 180 miles from Santa Barbara to Dana Point. I joined up with my Moms in Motion friends...we were split 6 and 6 between two vans, plus we each had a driver (Thank goodness! The thought of driving in between legs with 6 other women telling you which way to turn was not appealing at all!!)

We started out quietly enough. As the members of Van #1, we trekked up to Santa Barbara, donned wigs (I am not really sure why, but somehow it seemed necessary, enjoy me with long...albeit matted...hair in the two-tone color scheme, the wig color is probably better!) and cheered out the different groups of runners. Westlake MIMs (our very creative team name) were assigned a 10 am start time, so we sent Kathleen out to blaze the trail for us!

The weather was a bit overcast and even a little misty, truly perfect for running and MUCH better than the 90+ temps that were in the southland just one week prior. Our runners were looking good and making great time. Kathleen handed off to Holly (not the Schnoogs, as she is neither a runner or a Mom-yet!), Holly to Shari, Shari to Alison and then..yep! Runner #5 hit the course just north of Ventura to run 5 1/2 miles along the Rincon.

What I lack in speed I make up in endurance and enthusiasm, so it was a merry and uneventful trot along the coast. The van stopped for me twice to cheer (they were probably a bit bored given my slower time comparatively speaking) and I was passed by 4 other runners...no passing on this leg for me!

Tune in for the next leg to see how it went!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Love the hair - and nice sweatshirt choice!