Sunday, April 5, 2009

De-Skunking the Myth

I have been plagued by the smell of skunk for close to a month.  Blog regulars may recall the story of the night that Scooby was sprayed by a skunk and then rolled around in several places in the house trying to get rid of the smell.  Many efforts were made on my part to wash everything, including a rather unwilling dog (twice!), but I can still catch a whiff of it every now and again, particularly when I am lying on the chaise portion of the couch.

I decided a few days ago that there was definitely a smell there and I was going to do something about it.  I had the slip covers off the couch and in the washer in moments flat, alternating the different pieces out across the patio furniture on the lawn to dry.  I vacuumed, had Holly spray Febreeze and pulled every part of that couch apart.

David thinks I am crazy and even the very supportive Holly claims to not smell anything...I don't know if things are ever going to be right again, but I can tell you that Scooby and I eye one another very suspiciously now in the evenings when she is clamoring to go out back.  

That is one tricky dog, I am telling you!

No comments: