Friday, April 24, 2009

Worth It

I finally rolled into the parking garage right off of State Street at 1:30.  I immediately trotted over to get a bite to eat and then I could look around and enjoy the sights.  Naturally, Santa Barbara does not dissapoint.

I had  a good visit in the store with Dawn and her crew, watching the show as people cruise up and down State Street in various stages of observation...the destination-driven local, the unhurried pace of the occasional visitor and the open-mouthed gawk of the first-time tourist.  All very entertaining and all rather charming.

It was pretty warm, so I made the mile or so jaunt down to the beach and the pier (Stearn's Wharf) where I was met with a cool ocean breeze and miles of people sunning and enjoying themselves.  The pier was pretty crowded, again with an eclectic mix of people enjoying a variety of activities but all co-existing rather nicely.  There were even a couple of dolphins doing their little dolphin dance thing a couple hundred yards off the edge of the pier.

Yep, I will probably always live in Southern California!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

Amen to always living in Southern California!