Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Las Fuentes

I mentioned that David, the dogs and I were in the San Fernando Valley on Sunday doing a run.  We finished up at about 10:15, just in time to realize that we had not yet had a real breakfast and the stomachs were ready for some good food after our nice 5-mile output of exercise.

The dogs had been sufficiently watered and a shaded parking place located, they were content to lounge in the car for a bit while we had a bite to eat.

I remembered that my friend Julia (aka Whooolia) introduced me to a little place in Reseda called Las Fuentes.  I believe that the Spanish translation for the name is the fountains...I am here to tell you that it should be called UNDENIABLY DELICIOUS, as that was how it tasted to us!

I remember the chile rellano burrito as being both filling and tasty, so that is what I ordered (and was completely delighted, I might add).  David really mixed things up and got the enchilada plate.  (Sarcasm alert: in 25 years of knowing David, I am not sure that I have EVER seen him order anything other than the enchilada plate.  He refers to it as his "gold standard" when evaluating Mexican restaurants, I refer to it as his refusal to venture out to any other Mexican food item, but that is a topic for a different time)

The chips were crispy, the guacamole fresh and the brunch a perfect finish to a very enjoyable morning.

Not too bad in terms of things accomplished by 11:30 am on a Sunday!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

I'm with David on the enchiladas! I'll venture out with other things on occasion - but cheese enchiladas are my favorite! Yummy!