Monday, April 6, 2009

The Sweet Smells of Spring

I would describe my olfactory senses as very strong, as I can pick up a scent pretty quickly and find that different smells trigger reactions in my psyche quickly (like the skunk issue!!).

One of the things that I really appreciate about spring is how good it smells outside as things start to bloom.  I was walking around the block at the office the other evening (a little fresh air and exercise are always good for the soul), and I had something good to smell for the entire walk.

Jasmine, orange blossom, roses; I was out at the perfect time, when traffic had died down, most people were inside cooking dinner (sauteed onions, fried chicken and tacos), but it was still light outside.

It makes me feel sorry for my friends that are still getting snow at this time of the year!

1 comment:

Ebe said...

The picture you have painted on your walk sounds just wonderful - reminds me of going out walking with my mom when I was growing up.