Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Orange is the New Red

I am going to let the cat out of the bag...I dye my hair.  Surprised?  Perhaps not.  Holly pointed out when we had a variety of pictures out last week that the only thing that seems to change in photos of me is the color of my hair...hmmmm.

Things were getting a little grey last week, so I made my journey to Target and decided to mix things up with a redder-than-usual-red, just for fun!  It's a pretty quick and easy process, shower off and voila..I'm a redhead now.

Admittedly, when I whipped the towel off my head, my initial reaction was, "That's kind of bright."  It was mid-afternoon, so I didn't have any lights on in the house.  I would have dubbed the color a bold light auburn.

I went on my merry way for the rest of the day, running errands and the such.  I came back home at about 7:30 and went in to wash my hands.  I turned on the light, looked in the mirror and...Holy Toledo...my hair is orange!

It is almost as bad as the time 5 or 6 years ago that I used a color named "Copper Penny."  In that case, at least I can say that I was warned.  I am not sure what the deal is here.  I don't remember the name, but it SHOULD have been "Bozo Orange."

I am hoping that it will lighten very, very quickly!

No comments: