Saturday, April 4, 2009

Smog Check Gets Religion

The Lexus registration was due on March 18th.  David reminded me and I remembered to address it on March 28th, the last day of second late payment option.  Fantastic.  

As I was filling out my information on the DMV website, I realized that I also was due for a smog check, but couldn't get to it on Saturday (I had that big run, and then met a friend for lunch in Pasadena and THEN had to stop by to see one of our new licensed partners in training in a store...it was a busy day!), so I figured that I would do it right after church on Sunday.

In his very kind way, David told me that he didn't think the smog check place was open on Sunday.  I scoffed and told him that it would be, no problem.  Wrong.  As I stared at the roll-down doors of the place I've been going to for the last 16 years or so, I decided to outsmart the system by looking up every local smog check place on my Blackberry and then find one that was open.

Denied.  Every single one of the 6 places that I looked up in a 10 mile radius were closed on Sundays.  Who knew that the Smog Check process was so revered?  Naturally, David knew what he was talking about when he warned me (not to mention when he gave me a heads up that I needed to get it done a couple of weeks ago).

Thank goodness that I still have Holly to boss around.  She made a nice little trip on my behalf on Monday and we are good to go!

No comments: